users@glassfish.java.net

Installing GlassFish 3.1.1 on Windows 2003 64-bit - can't find JRE?

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2012 19:49:15 -0600 (CST)

Hi,

I am trying to install GlassFish 3.1.1 (the ogs version) on a Windows 2003
64-bit server.

I've installed JDK 1.6 build 30 on the machine, and added JAVA_HOME pointing
to c:\program files\java (also tried variants, such as c:\program
files\java\jre6, etc.), and I also added the Java bin directory to the
Windows path (so if I run "java -version" from command prompt, it finds Java
and runs it and displays the correct version).

However, if I run the ogs...exe, I get a popup saying that it requires Java
1.6 or greater.

I've also tried running:

ogs...exe -j "c:\program files\java\jre6" (and variants)

but I get the same popup when I do that.

I just installed GlassFish earlier this weekend, but on a 32-bit Windows 2003
system, and had no problem, so I'm kind of puzzled about this.

Is it because I have the 64-bit JDK/JRE installed?  Maybe the installer is
looking for the Java version string, and the '64' part is throwing it off?

I have a requirement to be running on Win2K3 64bit, so can anyone tell me how
to get this install working.  I know that there's a ZIP install, but I also
need to be able to install using the installer.

Thanks,

Jim

--
[Message sent by forum member 'jimcpl']