users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Glassfish 3.1 Final - High Availability Web Apps Slow, ...

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2011 16:44:56 -0500 (CDT)

Well, the same exact load balancer configuration works perfectly with
Glassfish availability turned off.

It should be the other way around :)  sticky sesisons are there because
session replication is not :)

I can reproduce the error with small sessions this way, if the sticky
sessions are turned off, it's very hard to reproduce the timeout and session
loss.

BTW the session loss happens EVERY time the TimeoutException happens.

I wouldn't put the blame on load balancer, but perhaps the combination of
it, sticky sessions, JK support in Glassfish and Shoal contribute to tease

this bug to the surface.

I attached th elog files from shoal debugging again.

What I did is just loaded a single page, with no session through sticky
session load balancer and 'available' web app.

You get a tons of timeout exceptions from shoal.  Someone from the shoal
team should be able to parse these, I hope.

Thanks again for your help Mahesh!

If there is trouble uploading the logs, they are at
http://hope.nyc.ny.us/~lprimak/files/server_logs.zip

--
[Message sent by forum member 'lprimak']