users@glassfish.java.net

Failed while installing Java 6.0 error

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 16:31:17 -0500 (CDT)

Hi,
I'm developing an application on a Mac (10.6.8) using Eclipse (3.5.1) with
the GlassFish Tools Bundle (1.2). I've got several EJB modules, EARs, etc.
(I'm also using FlashBuilder and Flex in the WARs, but I don't think that
factors into this problem).
I'm trying to resolve a packaging issue with one of the EARs and with that, I
need to create a new EJB project, but when I try, I get a "Failed while
installing Java 6.0" message.
Not long ago I upgraded the version of Java on my machine and I suspected
that might have created the problem since I didn't have any trouble creating
EJB projects previously. I read something about Apple not installing the JDK
automatically anymore, so I suspected the problem might be the JRE and JDK
being out of sync. I downloaded the latest version of the JDK from Apple
(10.6 Update 5), but after installing and rebooting/restarting everything, I
still have the same problem.

Has anyone seen a similar problem? Does anyone have any ideas what might be
going wrong?  The log doesn't give me any more info other than the general
failure message about installing Java 6.0.  It complains that the path must
include the project and resource name, but I'm assuming that just follows
because it can't install java correctly.

I also thought about trying to upgrade the version of Eclipse and GlassFish
Tools Bundle I'm using, but would need to make sure it will still be
compatible with the FlashBuilder plugin too.
I also posted this question in the Eclipse WTP forum, but thought I would try
this one as well.  Any help or advice with this would be greatly
appreciated!
Renee

--
[Message sent by forum member 'drrevis']