users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Glassfish 3.0.1 GZIP problem - Threads apparently spinning,

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 11:40:38 -0500 (CDT)

Alexey,

Well I showed my naivety on JNI in the last post. Looking into at least some
vintage of the C JNI code for that method it appears that the code is getting
the "strm" context parameter by obtaining the variable from the JNIEnv
parameter. So I can't find the smoking gun in the code (though I am not sure
I am looking at the right code versions).

We were able to confirm that the symptoms re-occur (though much less
frequently) with Glassfish compression turned off and CXF @GZIP compression
turned on, so Glassfish is absolutely absolved of any blame. So we continue
the chase against java.util.zip.GZIPOutputStream.

Thanks for looking into this.

Steve

--
[Message sent by forum member 'steveglennon']