users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Glassfish embedded 3.1.1 won't deploy existing war file (dep

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2011 18:49:41 -0500 (CDT)

[quote=amyroh]GlassFish relies on the user environment to locate a full JDK
1.6 so you need to make sure that JAVA_HOME is correct and that java or javac
is in the exec path. On 10/3/11 1:08 PM, forums_at_java.net wrote: > It was in
fact picking up some stale jars in the deployed lib folder, > even > though I
had gotten rid of them on new builds. It was jars that I had put > there to
try to get rid of a rash of errors (which it resolved down to > the > last
one I posted here). > > Upon removing it, the application deploys fine. > >
However now when trying to browse to the application > at:
http://localhost/emp > > I get the error: > >
org.apache.jasper.JasperException: PWC6345: There is an error in invoking >
javac. A full JDK (not just JRE) is required > This is very concerning
because this is a Glassfish embedded instance > within > a JSE application
(running a webapp). > > The overall application has to just install and run
(it has an > embedded JRE) > without the end-user having to be concerned
about installing a JDK or > configuring anything in our application to point
to it. > > I didn't get this error with embedded tomcat (the war is exactly
the same > code that tomcat was executing). > > Maybe I somehow got around
this with Tomcat, but I can't find any jars I > added to include javac for
instance. > > > > John > > > -- > > [Message sent by forum member 'jakorsme']
> > View Post: http://forums.java.net/node/848612 > >[/quote]

Thanks, yes typically.

However, I deploy through Install4j which permits bundling a JRE, so one
doesn't have to worry about whether a JRE is present.

I also put tools.jar in the classpath, so I don't have to worry about
glassfish needing a JDK installed.

John

--
[Message sent by forum member 'jakorsme']