users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Glassfish embedded 3.1.1 won't deploy existing war file (dep

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2011 15:08:16 -0500 (CDT)

It was in fact picking up some stale jars in the deployed lib folder, even
though I had gotten rid of them on new builds. It was jars that I had put
there to try to get rid of a rash of errors (which it resolved down to the
last one I posted here).

Upon removing it, the application deploys fine.

However now when trying to browse to the application
at:  http://localhost/emp

I get the error:

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: PWC6345: There is an error in invoking
javac. A full JDK (not just JRE) is required
This is very concerning because this is a Glassfish embedded instance within
a JSE application (running a webapp).

The overall application has to just install and run (it has an embedded JRE)
without the end-user having to be concerned about installing a JDK or
configuring anything in our application to point to it.

I didn't get this error with embedded tomcat (the war is exactly the same
code that tomcat was executing).

Maybe I somehow got around this with Tomcat, but I can't find any jars I
added to include javac for instance.

John

--
[Message sent by forum member 'jakorsme']