users@glassfish.java.net

3.1.1 inftructure setup advice please

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 00:04:50 -0500 (CDT)

Hi there

I'm pretty new to Glassfish, very new in fact, just inherited the current
setup at work which consists of around 45 small applications running on 7
physical Dell 1U servers and 5 VM's.  All the servers are running Glassfish
2.2 on SLES 10.

There's no clustering involved, no need for them to be HA, just these
applications running on stand-alone instances, so between 5 - 7 apps on a
single box.  Whilst performance is good I'd like to move to 3.1.1, perhaps
virtualising the whole landscape.

I've installed 3.1.1 on some test servers, ideally I'd like a setup where
each application could be ring-fenced in some way plus a way in which
I could manage the deployments from a single GUI interface.  I'm presuming
if I do this I would need to go down the route of creating remote instances
on other nodes?

I'm interested to see what others out there had done or what they would do in
my situation???

Many thanks

--
[Message sent by forum member 'kentpc']