users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Glassfish 3.1 Final - High Availability Web Apps Slow, ...

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2011 18:31:47 -0500 (CDT)

The clocks on the machines are about one minute apart.  Could this be the
cause?  Unfortunately I can't run NTP on them.

I did some more tests, and the sticky sessions have nothing to do with this
problem.

It turns out when I took the sticky sessions away, the reason that
alleviated the problem is because the web page load

would load its components from both servers simultaneously, thus ruining the
integrity of the test.

I ran another test connecting to Glassfish directly through https, and the
results were as bad as through a load balancer.

--
[Message sent by forum member 'lprimak']