users@glassfish.java.net

Re: A lock could not be obtained within the time requested

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2011 21:16:36 -0500 (CDT)

Hi Marina,

thanx for your answer. Yes there is a lock on the database, but I can not
figure out why. I dont know about the interal mechanism of locking on the
dery DB, but because it remains and can not be finished, it might be a bug. I
made sure, that every VM on the system was down when I tried, to query the
database. Because logging stops at the time, Glassfish gets into troubles
with the timer services I am not able to examine the log files. The soulution
might be, to get rid of the derby database for timer services and utilize a
mysql database via JDBC, in this case I hopefully will be able to take a look
at the database.

j.

--
[Message sent by forum member 'jcite']