users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Gzip compression in Glassfish 3 - doesn't work

From: Richard Kolb <rjdkolb_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2011 15:43:46 +0200

Hi BradVido

On 25 August 2011 22:42, <forums_at_java.net> wrote:

> I'm trying to figure out why enabling Gzip compression to forced will not
> Gzip my test .jsp page.
>
> See this video here: youtu.be/uAza4m3fxpY [1]
>
> Also, I posted details to my question on stackoverflow:
> stackoverflow.com/questions/**7193374/glassfish-3-gzip-**
> compression-does-not-work-for-**jsp<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7193374/glassfish-3-gzip-compression-does-not-work-for-jsp>
> [2]
>
> Does anyone have an idea why it's not compressing?

Thanks for the video.
I remember this came up before Glassfish 3.0 was released as a part of
FishCAT.

I think the problem you are having is because you are only setting the one
listener 'http-listener-1' and you need to set 'http-listener-2' as well.
(perhaps you did this, but did not show it in the video ?)

If all else fails, please send your domain.xml

regards
Richard.