users@glassfish.java.net

Problem starting glassfish as a windows service

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2011 07:51:29 -0500 (CDT)

Environment:

OS - Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3
Java - JDK 1.6_27
Glassfish 3.1.1
I installed the window service when I installed glassfish and it has been
running well.  Today, however, the service won't start.  Glassfish starts
from the command line and from asadmin but will not start as a service.  The
error is as follows: "The domain1 GlassFish Server on Local Computer started
and then stopped.  Some services stop automatically if they have no work to
do, for example, the Performance Logs and Alerts service."

So, I tried from the command line....

C:\glassfish3\glassfish\domains\domain1\bin>net start domain1
The domain1 GlassFish Server service is starting.
The domain1 GlassFish Server service could not be started.
The service did not report an error.
More help is available by typing NET HELPMSG 3534.
C:\glassfish3\glassfish\domains\domain1\bin>net helpmsg 3534
The service did not report an error.
I have tried 1) rebooting and 2) removing and re-installing the service.
 The issue remains.  As far as I can tell there are no entries in any log
file anywhere

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--
[Message sent by forum member 'kharris']