users@glassfish.java.net

Re: GF 3.1.1: using -Dorg.omg.CORBA.ORBInitialHost in JVM ...

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2011 11:23:52 -0500 (CDT)

 I don't know how Yongqin's post got attached to mine, but it has nothing to
do with my original question concerning the JVM invocation.  I would ask
Yongqin to re-enter it as a new topic and for reader's of this post to ignore
it.

So far, it looks like a good number of folks have viewed my original post,
but I have been the only one to reply.  I have read many old posts that are
directly related to my original question, but have not seen any solutions to
this exact problem.  IMO, the apparent requirement to specify the
-Dorg.omg.CORBA.ORBInitialHost is very short-sighted.  Many folks need to be
able to programmatically change the host IP via initial context.  It looks
to me like this is a bug.  Is there a workaround?

Please gurus, I need a fix!

Kris

--
[Message sent by forum member 'KrisFraley']