users@glassfish.java.net

java.sql.SQLException: This pool is not registered with the runtime

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2011 05:21:51 -0500 (CDT)

 Hi,

I have regualr J2EE RESTful service deploy in Glassfish 3.1

Every so often I get HTTP 500 response from the service. When I check the
glassfish server log file I found this exception (I trim the generic parts).

The part I can't understand is that this JDBC pool does exist, and the same
request does successed the next time I execute it.

What might cause glssfish to not find the JDBC pool?

Thank you,

Ido.

[#|2011-09-27T11:13:31.287+0100|WARNING|glassfish3.1|javax.enterprise.system.container.web.com.sun.enterprise.web|_ThreadID=55;_ThreadName=Thread-1;|StandardWrapperValve[ServletAdaptor]:
PWC1406: Servlet.service() for servlet ServletAdaptor threw exception

javax.persistence.PersistenceException:
org.hibernate.exception.GenericJDBCException: Cannot open connection

at
org.hibernate.ejb.AbstractEntityManagerImpl.throwPersistenceException(AbstractEntityManagerImpl.java:637)

at org.hibernate.ejb.QueryImpl.getResultList(QueryImpl.java:74)

at
com.sun.grizzly.util.AbstractThreadPool$Worker.run(AbstractThreadPool.java:513)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

Caused by: org.hibernate.exception.GenericJDBCException: Cannot open
connection

at
org.hibernate.exception.SQLStateConverter.handledNonSpecificException(SQLStateConverter.java:103)

at
org.hibernate.exception.SQLStateConverter.convert(SQLStateConverter.java:91)

at org.hibernate.ejb.QueryImpl.getResultList(QueryImpl.java:65)

... 77 more

Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: This pool is not registered with the
runtime environment : microsoft_sql_Aurora_aurora_userPool

at
com.sun.enterprise.connectors.service.ConnectorConnectionPoolAdminServiceImpl.getConnection(ConnectorConnectionPoolAdminServiceImpl.java:1610)

at
org.hibernate.jdbc.ConnectionManager.openConnection(ConnectionManager.java:423)

... 91 more

Caused by: javax.resource.ResourceException: This pool is not registered with
the runtime environment : microsoft_sql_Aurora_aurora_userPool

at
com.sun.enterprise.connectors.service.ConnectorConnectionPoolAdminServiceImpl.getUnpooledConnection(ConnectorConnectionPoolAdminServiceImpl.java:664)

at
com.sun.enterprise.connectors.service.ConnectorConnectionPoolAdminServiceImpl.getConnection(ConnectorConnectionPoolAdminServiceImpl.java:1602)

... 95 more

Caused by: com.sun.appserv.connectors.internal.api.ConnectorRuntimeException:
This pool is not bound in JNDI : microsoft_sql_Aurora_aurora_userPool

at
com.sun.enterprise.connectors.service.ConnectorConnectionPoolAdminServiceImpl.obtainManagedConnectionFactory(ConnectorConnectionPoolAdminServiceImpl.java:1089)

... 96 more

Caused by: javax.naming.NamingException: Lookup failed for
'__SYSTEM/pools/microsoft_sql_Aurora_aurora_userPool' in
SerialContext[myEnv={java.naming.factory.initial=com.sun.enterprise.naming.impl.SerialInitContextFactory,
java.naming.factory.state=com.sun.corba.ee.impl.presentation.rmi.JNDIStateFactoryImpl,
java.naming.factory.url.pkgs=com.sun.enterprise.naming} [Root exception is
javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: microsoft_sql_Aurora_aurora_userPool not
found]

at
com.sun.enterprise.naming.impl.SerialContext.lookup(SerialContext.java:518)

... 98 more

Caused by: javax.naming.NameNotFoundException:
microsoft_sql_Aurora_aurora_userPool not found

at
com.sun.enterprise.naming.impl.TransientContext.doLookup(TransientContext.java:248)

... 104 more

--
[Message sent by forum member 'ido_ran']