users@glassfish.java.net

Best way to upload a file for processing

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2011 13:37:39 -0500 (CDT)

Hi guys,

I want to upload a single file (may be several in future) for processing.
So this file(s) need *not *to be stored any where for later access. The file
will be processed and content of it will be inserted in a defined way in
several data base tables. So my question is: how to proceed with the file
during the upload process: e.g. save the file on the server, store it in a
special data base/table, just keep it in memory...?

I also did not decided which front ent to use for this. On the server jQuery
is already installed. I would like to avoid adding further
libraries/techniques if possible. The file size (and later count) and type
should be checked before the upload is started. May be you could recommend me
something?

Thank you!

--
[Message sent by forum member 'glassfox']