users@glassfish.java.net

Setting properties on EJBs such as a stateless session bean at run time

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2011 10:23:41 -0500 (CDT)

I have an stateless session bean EJB that acts as a proxy to a remote
service. The hostname and port of this service may change depending on where
the session bean is deployed. I'd rather not bundle a properties file with
the bean that I need to update in the jar, but would rather be able to
specify the property via the Glassfish admin similar to the way you'd setup a
mail resource. Is there a standard way to provide such properties to a bean
via the Glassfish admin interface?  (I know I must be missing something
obvious since its a fairly typical problem.)

--
[Message sent by forum member 'rrr6399']