users@glassfish.java.net

LDAP Authentication against FreeIPA 2.1 server

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 13:54:08 -0500 (CDT)

 Hi,

I've been successfully using Glassfish's LDAP authentication againsta
a FreeIPA (http://freeipa.org/page/Main_Page [1]) server for a couple of
years now. I'm in the process of upgrading from FreeIPA 1 to 2.

I cannot get Glassfish to authenticate using LDAP. I'm using the same
configuration used previously. I can make LDAP requests from the Glassfish
server on the command line, but when I try to authenticate my application in
Glassfish, I receive the error shown in the attached file.

LoginException: LDAP bind failed for ...

Does anyone know how I can figure out what the problem is?

Thanks,

Dan Scott

[1] http://freeipa.org/page/Main_Page

--
[Message sent by forum member 'danieljamesscott']