users@glassfish.java.net

debug "Cannot perform operation, connection is closed" with Open MQ 4.4

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2011 15:10:54 -0500 (CDT)

I am using Sun MQ 4.4 with Glassfish 2.1.1 on Red Hat 5.7.

I am able to install glassfish cluster and all the instances are running
fine. But, when I try to send a message to a topic, I get following
exception

javax.jms.IllegalStateException: [C4062]: Cannot perform operation,
connection is closed.
    at
com.sun.messaging.jmq.jmsclient.ConnectionImpl.checkConnectionState(ConnectionImpl.java:2468)
    at
com.sun.messaging.jmq.jmsclient.XAConnectionImpl.createSession(XAConnectionImpl.java:105)
    at
com.sun.messaging.jms.ra.ConnectionAdapter.createSession(ConnectionAdapter.java:383)

I am trying to install these on a couple of new machines. Same application
works on other machines so I am guessing this is a configuartion issue
somewhere on these servers.

My question is what would be a good way to find the cause of this failure.

I have turned on log level to finest for ejb-container, jms, RA through
glassfish Admin console, but no useful information.

Also, I don't have the name of the servers in DNS yet. I am using IP
address for specifying instances.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks

Vineet

--
[Message sent by forum member 'vmiharia']