users@glassfish.java.net

Web Client not receiving messages from JMS topic

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2011 13:54:06 -0500 (CDT)

 Hi,

    I started having this strange problem with local subscriber to JMS
service on GF 3.0.1. The web app connected to JMS topic and received messages
for months without any issues and suddenly 2 days ago it stopped... Actually
it does not stop complitely, but generally stops receiving them during some
time window (i.e. at 12pm). THe strange thing is I do not see any errors in
either server.log or imq/log.txt files. When I use imq admin tool to check it
shows that both producer and subscriber are connected, I can see that
producer is publishing messages and I can see messages on the topic. The
subscriber though does not get them for whatever reason...

So I have 2 questions:

1) what could be wrong with the client? (i.e. what should I check for:
security on the queue (though I did nto set any), some timestamps on the
messages (I read on this forum that someone had issues with that)

2) How could I actually troubleshoot issues like that with GF? I need to see
more info in the log file about message being delivered to GF and the reasons
(if any) why it is not delivered to the client(s)...

Thanks,

Ed

--
[Message sent by forum member 'nakoned']