users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Installing two versions of glassfish?

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2011 16:15:22 -0500 (CDT)

Dear Tom,

thank you for the quick reply. I applied your suggestion. After some web
searches which finally led me to reading the GlassFish Server Open Source
Edition 3.1-3.1.1 Reference Manual (reference-manual.pdf in
glassfish-ose-3.1.1-docs-pdf.zip ). Let us go chronologically. This is what I
did (in Windows 7) for regular Domain Administrator Servers (I know little
about cluster servers or other kinds because I am new at this):

1. I backed up the .asadminpass file of GF v3.1.1 (Just in case something
goes wrong.)

2. I erased the original .asadminpass file.

3. I installed GF v2.1.1. After a test everything works fine.

4. v3.1.1 server also runs perfectly without the .asadminpass file because it
gets the necessary information from a file inside the
<<installation-folder>>/glassfish/domains folder.

NOTE 1:  After reading the Reference Manual, I realized that the
.asadminpass file is created when the domain is created. Buy it can be
re-created after it has been deleted by using the "asadmin login" command
from Windows command-line console (cmd.exe).This will prompt you for username
and password and recreate the file. For Windows 7 it is located at
C:\Users\<<windows-username>> if Windows is installed in drive C.

NOTE 2: v2.1.1 does not need the .asadminpass file either. This file can be
re-created the same way. (I made a test for this scenario, too.)

--
[Message sent by forum member 'george_espol']