users@glassfish.java.net

Domains and port allocations

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2011 12:09:59 -0500 (CDT)

Hello

I am a little confused about port allocations and domains.
Currently when I create a new domain I use --base_port to give the domain a
port range, then when I create the cluster I do not supply a base port, there
is no option to do so,
but I do when i create the instances.

This is confusing me as all my clusters accross the three domains running on
my server seem to share the same ports, while a given domain and its
instances seem to share ports.
Is this correct?

Additionally, is there away to make one of the domains I create the default
port that will allow me to delete domain1?

Thanks

Gavin

--
[Message sent by forum member 'encrypt']