users@glassfish.java.net

Re: renewing an expiring SSL cert

From: Kumar Jayanti <v.b.kumar.jayanti_at_oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2011 09:41:13 +0530

(1) As a first step are you able to revert the changes and bring your glassfish to working state (with the current certs that are about to expire). Please do that first.

(2) The error you are seeing simply means either the keystore password of new.jks or the keypassword for the key inside new.jks does not match the glassfish master-password. There is no other black magic.

 So if you are successful in step (1) then when creating new.jks make sure you use the master-password while creating new.jks and no other password should be used. Also make sure the alias that you are using inside new.jks is what is expected in domain.xml (the default is s1as)

If you wish to try it again can you please try using the instructions in GlassFIsh 3.1 Security Guide :

http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E18930_01/html/821-2435/ablqz.html#scrolltoc

Specifically look at : To Sign a Certificate by Using keytool