users@glassfish.java.net

Cluster... deploying a new JDBC Driver

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Wed, 4 May 2011 09:59:45 -0500 (CDT)

 I have a working cluster with SSH nodes. I created this from scratch and
used the technique outline
in http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E18930_01/html/821-2426/gkshn.html
[1] to install 2 nodes on different machines to my DAS host.

Using Derby I have no problem running the application which I deployed onto
the DAS which then replicated across the clustered nodes. Excellent stuff
from glassfish.

However for further development I wish to use Oracle, and need to make the
Oracle drivers available across the clustered nodes. I
followed http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E18930_01/html/821-2418/beadh.html#gcrnt
[2] "Sharing libraries across a cluster" to try and make the ojdbc6.jar
available on the other nodes, but to no avail. I tried copying the jar into
 C:\glassfish3\glassfish\domains\CentralDAS\config\cluster1-config\lib and
ext and classes sub directories of this directory. I then restarted the DAS
and the cluster, but to no avail. I even tried update-node-config to no
avail.

Is the intention that I delete and recreate the nodes? What am I doing wrong?

[1] http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E18930_01/html/821-2426/gkshn.html
[2]
http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E18930_01/html/821-2418/beadh.html#gcrnt

--