users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Can you launch GF 3.1 app client over the internet? (You ...

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2011 10:05:56 -0500 (CDT)

Tim

I did try that in GF 2.1 and worked. Changing 0.0.0.0 to the internet DNS
name and editing the hosts file in the server to point that name to 127.0.0.1

But i remember trying to launch it over the internet (call it 3 Mbps ADSL
connection was a matter of minutes)

Also, i could only launch it if i mapped every port in the router to the GF
server, i could never work out which ports were needed for the app-cllient to
work (including JMS).

Is there a list / range of ports that need to be mapped?

Have you checked performance launching over the internet?

How have you been.

We are on the blink of  start another project based on app-client. Also the
NetBeans and the Maven team are working in enable maven support for app
clients in NetBeans 7.

It just rocks. If it was a bit quicker (read downloaded less jars) while
booting up it would be perfect.

Good job

Thanks

--
[Message sent by forum member 'anahatait']