users@glassfish.java.net

remote deployment on glassfishv3 using Admin CLI

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Wed, 25 May 2011 11:43:20 -0500 (CDT)

Hi,
I am trying to deploy an application onto a remote Glassfishv3 server using
the asadmin utility
but the deploy command fails with strange error messages.
The remote machine onto which the application is deployed runs linux with
glassfishv3 and the machine
from which the asadmin command is run  is a windows based machine also using
glassfishv3.
This is the command I use from my local machine to achieve the remote
deployment
asadmin --passwordfile remote_admin_password.txt --host
machine1.hostmachine.com  --user admin deploy  C:\ear\Project.ear
where remote_admin_password.txt contains the line AS_ADMIN_PASSWORD with the
proper password.
The above command fails displaying a message "status:403 Command deploy
failed".
The 403 problem could be fixed by turning on the remote administration on the
remote glassfish machine by excecuting the asadmin command
enable-secure-admin
and then restarting the domain.
Now the same above command that I use to achieve the remote deployment from
my local machine fails with a different error message "CLI001 Invalid
Command:deploy".
This is the actual problem with the remote deployment that I am trying to
fix.
I could easily do the remote deployment using the glassfish Admin Console but
I'd like to use glassfish CLI to achieve this.
Also,I couldn't find any resource on the internet about remote deployment on
glassfishv3 using the Admin CLI.
Can anyone who have done a remote deployment using Admin CLI on glassfishv3
help me with this problem.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

--
[Message sent by forum member 'nurulislam']