users@glassfish.java.net

Certificate Mapping to Active Directory

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Wed, 25 May 2011 10:57:35 -0500 (CDT)

Hi, I've been wondering if there is a way to essentially combine the
Certificate Realm and the LDAP Realm so that users can authenticate against
Glassfish using LDAP to active directory somewhere.

Searching for "Certificate Active Directory Authentication" gives me
solutions for authenticating using a certificate to access an Active
Directory (AD) and then using SSO or login form to authenticate the user
against an AD.

My goal is to have a user submit his own certificate with his credentials to
be authenticated. Much like how the original certificate authentication
system works in Glassfish with it's keystore. But instead of authenticating
to the keystore, I wanted to authenticate against an active directory outside
of glassfish.

Thanks in advance for any replies or possible solutions.

-ba nguyen

--
[Message sent by forum member 'ba.nguyen']