users@glassfish.java.net

Trouble with transactions

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Wed, 25 May 2011 08:49:31 -0500 (CDT)

I am fairly new to application servers, so please be patient with me.
I have a simple application ... the client contacts the server via servlet,
the servlet calls a single method on a Stateless Session Bean.  The method
in the bean can call other methods on other beans.

My understanding was that if I just let Glassfish do its thing that I would
get container managed transactions, and that I would either get a full
commit of all the database updates the servlet triggered or a total rollback
of all of the database updates.  However, that is not what I'm seeing.  It
appears that if I fail half-way thru the processing I get half of the
database updates.

I fully recognize that I am misunderstanding how transactions work inside
Glassfish, or that I have implemented my code improperly.  I am hoping for
some pointers and suggestions on how to proceed.

Ron

--
[Message sent by forum member 'eialbur']