users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Glassfish 3.1 Admin GUI Crash

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Mon, 16 May 2011 13:40:40 -0500 (CDT)

Roger,

The first 30 or so lines of you log are not tradcaly disimilar from the
initial lines from my log.  And, in fact, with a fresh install, I can bring
up the admin console with no problems.  However, after adding 4 application
(3 that previously worked without problems under Glassfish 3.0 and one new
application that is still in early stages of development), I get into a
position where the Admin console crashes when I attempt log in.  All
application, and other configuratiion items such as LMS and JDBC resources,
were added through the admin console.  The exception occurs within JSF
(UIComponent, in fact).  perhaps coincidentally, it is JSF that is causing
the problem with the new application.

My intent for installing the other application was simply to make sure that
Glassfish itself was working OK.  The first two applications (Servlet/JSP
only) came up without undue difficulty.  The third application
(EJB,JMS,JSF,JSP), tried to come up but I had mis-configured a couple of
items.  I went into Eclipse and corrected the problems, re-created the EAR
and when I attempted to log into the Admin Console, I was presented with an
exception after entering uername and password.  This is the second or third
time (over the course of the last few weeks) that I have encountered this
scenario.  Previously, I ended up reinstalling Glassfish.  Different
applications were involved in my previous failed attempts.

I intend to manually remove the applications one by one, to see if a
particular app is causing the problem.  All applications were built in
Glassfish, all use the Java 1.6u22, all are built against the Glassfish
Jars.  Something is obviously not configured corrected, but I am at the
stage where I am shooting in the dark.

Mike Laris
mglaris_at_gmail.com

--