users@glassfish.java.net

Re: RemoteException while sending/receiving JPA Entity in ...

From: Ken Cavanaugh <ken.cavanaugh_at_oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 9 May 2011 00:08:00 -0700

On May 8, 2011, at 11:47 PM, forums_at_java.net wrote:

> I am seeing that JPA Entity is sending from JSF managed bean to EJB but on
> EJB side entity has null values in properties instead of values set in
> managed bean.
>

> --
>
> [Message sent by forum member 'fryd']

 That sounds like issue 16164. The basic problem is that the JPA bytecode weaving changed
in 3.1 in a way that causes an IIOP marshaling problem between the client version of
the class and the woven/server side class. The new fecthgroup feature causes this.

I need to investigate this on the IIOP side. There are other possible solutions on the JPA side;
16164 mentions a workaround.

Ken.