users@glassfish.java.net

Configuring GlassFish Server Open Source Edition 3.1 (build 43) to write to

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Thu, 5 May 2011 16:50:29 -0500 (CDT)

Hi all,

On an installation of GlassFish Open Source Edition 3.1 (build 43) running on
Ubuntu 10.04.2 LTS I have problems redirecting my log messages to syslog
(rsyslog). I.e. I have no log ouput from my EJBs delivered to any of the
files described in the default rsyslog configuration.

The only GlassFish configuration for syslog allegedly enables/disables
GlassFish to write to the system log. This I set e.g. in GlassFish admin in
"Configurations -> server-config -> Logger Settings". I find, however, no way
of defining the syslog facility to be written to. Can anyone point me in the
right direction? Is there a default syslog facility that GlassFIsh writes to?
And can it be altered?

Jens Ivar

--
[Message sent by forum member 'jeeans']