users@glassfish.java.net

Failure to deploy EAR containing MDB on local Glassfish server when remote

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 23:35:36 -0500 (CDT)

I have an enterprise application deployed on Glassfish 2.1.1 containing an
MDB.  It needs to connect to a Topic on a remote Glassfish server.
However, when the remote GF is down/unavailable, the application cannot be
deployed on the local GF server.  It reports the following error:

MQRA:EC:createRemoteMessageConsumer failed:aborting after 3
addressListIterations com.sun.messaging.jms.JMSException: [C4003]: Error
occurred on connection creation [gsaka2:7676]. - cause:
java.net.NoRouteToHostException: No route to host
I've tried, in vain, for a few hours trying to figure out how to have the
application deploy and run on the local GF server when the remote GF is down
(its part of our failure-mode testing), but I cannot seem to find the answer
anywhere.

What methods are available to deal with this failure scenario?  I'm sure
this has been addressed, but for the life of me, I cannot find it.  TIA.

Arshad

--
[Message sent by forum member 'arshadnoor']