users@glassfish.java.net

For those following along,

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 23:45:06 -0500 (CDT)

For those following along, you can get more information in the JIRA
issue http://java.net/jira/browse/GLASSFISH-16289 [1], but here is the jist
of the problem:

When using Cygwin SSH on Windows for remote Glassfish administration, there
are three system users associated with it: The cyg_server user (belongs to
the Administrator group by default), the "sshd" user (the user that the sshd
service runs under, default name, may be different) and the SSH login user
that Glassfish uses to log in to SSH (in my case, the user is "glassfish). On
Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008, the "glassfish" SSH user
MUST be a system administrator (a member of the Administrator group).
Otherwise, you get these hard-to-diagnose issues that I've been seeing. This
information is not currently in the documentation, but hopefully will be
added.

Big thanks to Tom Mueller for helping me troubleshoot this!

[1] http://java.net/jira/browse/GLASSFISH-16289

--
[Message sent by forum member 'beamerblvd']