users@glassfish.java.net

Well, I removed both of the

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 12:19:44 -0500 (CDT)

Well, I removed both of the bad instances on Server 2, then recreated them,
then copied-and-pasted the docroot directory from an instance on Server 1 to
both instances on Server 2. I was then suddenly able to deploy the
application! Why it prevented deployment, I don't know, but I'll file a bug
about docroot not being created on remote instances. However, I have a new
problem: The instances on Server 2 (and only those instances) are NOT
compiling JSP files for my application. I was able to deploy across all four
instances, and according to the logs of all four instances my application
started and loaded its settings correctly, and on both instances on Server 1
I can go to "/appname/do/config/login" and interact with the application just
like I'm supposed to. But when I go to that URL on either instance on Server
2, I got this error: [code]javax.servlet.ServletException: Could not get
RequestDispatcher for [/jsp/config/login.jsp]: check that this file exists
within your WAR[/code] This error is generated when I try to dispatch to that
JSP from within my otherwise-working application. I went to the JSP
generation directory, and found
"s01instance01\generated\jsp\appname\org\apache\jsp\jsp\config" and
"s01instance02\generated\jsp\appname\org\apache\jsp\jsp\config" directories
within the Server 1 node. However, within the Server 2 node, the deepest it
goes is "s02instance02\generated\jsp\appname" and
"s02instance02\generated\jsp\appname". This is what led me to believe those
two instances are not compiling JSP files for my application. (All four
instances had identical "generated\jsp\appname\loader_[number]" directories.)
So what on earth could be going on now? Does Glassfish 3.1 actually even
support clustering? Or is it still experimental? I've been trying to get this
to work for four days now, and at this point, I am preparing to shelve
Glassfish altogether and go with a different application server. I haven't
had any problems running this same application in any other clustered
environment or in an unclustered Glassfish environment. Stacktrace:
[code][#|2011-03-30T11:50:02.573-0500|WARNING|glassfish3.1|javax.enterprise.system.container.web.com.sun.enterprise.web._vs.server|_ThreadID=165;_ThreadName=Thread-34;|StandardWrapperValve[appname]:
PWC1406: Servlet.service() for servlet appname threw exception
javax.servlet.ServletException: Could not get RequestDispatcher for
[/jsp/config/login.jsp]: check that this file exists within your WAR at
org.springframework.web.servlet.view.InternalResourceView.renderMergedOutputModel(InternalResourceView.java:219)
at
org.springframework.web.servlet.view.AbstractView.render(AbstractView.java:250)
at
org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.render(DispatcherServlet.java:1060)
at
org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doDispatch(DispatcherServlet.java:798)
at
org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doService(DispatcherServlet.java:716)
at
org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.processRequest(FrameworkServlet.java:647)
at
org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.doGet(FrameworkServlet.java:552)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:735) at
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:848) at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.service(StandardWrapper.java:1534)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:343)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:215)
at
org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.support.OpenSessionInViewFilter.doFilterInternal(OpenSessionInViewFilter.java:198)
at
org.springframework.web.filter.OncePerRequestFilter.doFilter(OncePerRequestFilter.java:76)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:256)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:215)
at
com.puresafety.health.web.filter.SpringSessionFilter.doFilterInternal(SpringSessionFilter.java:57)
at
org.springframework.web.filter.OncePerRequestFilter.doFilter(OncePerRequestFilter.java:76)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:256)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:215)
at
com.puresafety.hibernate.routing.AccountInformationServletFilter.doFilterInternal(AccountInformationServletFilter.java:90)
at
org.springframework.web.filter.OncePerRequestFilter.doFilter(OncePerRequestFilter.java:76)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:256)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:215)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:279)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:175)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.doInvoke(StandardPipeline.java:655)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:595)
at com.sun.enterprise.web.WebPipeline.invoke(WebPipeline.java:98) at
com.sun.enterprise.web.PESessionLockingStandardPipeline.invoke(PESessionLockingStandardPipeline.java:91)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:162)
at
org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.doService(CoyoteAdapter.java:326)
at
org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:227)
at
com.sun.enterprise.v3.services.impl.ContainerMapper.service(ContainerMapper.java:170)
at com.sun.grizzly.http.ProcessorTask.invokeAdapter(ProcessorTask.java:822)
at com.sun.grizzly.http.ProcessorTask.doProcess(ProcessorTask.java:719) at
com.sun.grizzly.http.ProcessorTask.process(ProcessorTask.java:1013) at
com.sun.grizzly.http.DefaultProtocolFilter.execute(DefaultProtocolFilter.java:225)
at
com.sun.grizzly.DefaultProtocolChain.executeProtocolFilter(DefaultProtocolChain.java:137)
at
com.sun.grizzly.DefaultProtocolChain.execute(DefaultProtocolChain.java:104)
at com.sun.grizzly.DefaultProtocolChain.execute(DefaultProtocolChain.java:90)
at com.sun.grizzly.http.HttpProtocolChain.execute(HttpProtocolChain.java:79)
at
com.sun.grizzly.ProtocolChainContextTask.doCall(ProtocolChainContextTask.java:54)
at
com.sun.grizzly.SelectionKeyContextTask.call(SelectionKeyContextTask.java:59)
at com.sun.grizzly.ContextTask.run(ContextTask.java:71) at
com.sun.grizzly.util.AbstractThreadPool$Worker.doWork(AbstractThreadPool.java:532)
at
com.sun.grizzly.util.AbstractThreadPool$Worker.run(AbstractThreadPool.java:513)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662) |#][/code]

--
[Message sent by forum member 'beamerblvd']