users@glassfish.java.net

Windows 7 glassfish 3.1 install failure

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 16:43:22 -0500 (CDT)

I'm trying to install Glassfish on a new installation of a Windows 7 PC,
using the install program glassfish-3.1-windows.exe

When I first ran the exe it notified me I needed a JRE so I installed one
under c:\java\jre

/java version "1.6.0_24"
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 19.1-b02, mixed mode, sharing)/

Then I set my JAVA_HOME environment variable to be c:\java\jre

Now when I run glassfish-3.1-windows.exe I get a popup error from the Java
Virtual Machine Launcher that reads:

/Could not find the main class: org.openinstaller.core.EngineBootstrap .
Program will exit./

And then the install stops.

I tried running it with the  -v -l logdir logging option but nothing was
written to the log.

Has anyone else experienced this issue before?

thanks for your help!

--
[Message sent by forum member 'thank_you']