users@glassfish.java.net

Migrating from Jboss AS 6

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 00:18:06 -0500 (CDT)

Hey everyone,

Wondering if anyone had made the change from jboss AS to glassfish? I'm
comfortable in dealing with the tech issues but my interest is more in the
'soft' issues. For example: (with respect to the community editions)

  1) How do the communities compare in terms of answering questions and
     putting forward patches? Are minor (or component) updated regulary and
     are easier to get hold of and apply?
  2) Is the roadmap generally adhered to? Do expected releases just get
     dropped?
  3) Is in-container testing a solid feature in glassfish?

Red hat have eol'd their first and only 'production ready' JEE6 stack (still
with serious bugs) and are expecting a rewrite of their core to be
'production ready' by June 2011. My confidence is low that the deadline and
quality will be hit.

I'm migrating an app at the moment from j2ee. So if i'm going to migrate to a
new JEE spec I'd like to do move once and to a stable JEE6 implementation.
Deabting whether to spend the time now in migrating to a new app server or
spend time in the futture migrating to an unreleased and totally rewritten
jboss implementation.

regards,

a.

--
[Message sent by forum member 'adamlau']