users@glassfish.java.net

Resync not working for library files for specific cluster instance

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 04:00:04 -0500 (CDT)

Hello all.

I'm establishing two clusters on two nodes with 2 instances each. One cluster
is for production use, the other is for deployment of new release versions so
I can change software versions without loss of availability. I don't need
session persistence so session replication to the new cluster is not
necessary.

However, I've got a problem with synchronization between the DAS and the
instances. Because the two clusters are running in the same domain, I use
different configurations, one for each cluster. Now, the High Availability
Administration Guide (HAAG) tells me, to put all cluster specific libraries
in <domain-dir>/config/<config-name>/lib directory. Again, the HAAG tells me
to trigger a resync on instance restart by 'touch'-ing a top-level file in
the directory mentioned above. After restarting the instance(s) the timestamp
on the library directory in the config/<config-name> directory changed, but
the contents of the directory is not synced.

After trying for half a day I did an export-sync-bundle call and looked into
the generated sync-zip-file. What I saw was, that the library directory
appears in the file, but - again - the contents of the directory does
<strong>not</strong> appear in the zip-file. I've already double checked the
locations and existence of the file in the DAS. It's all there.

What am I missing?

Best regards,

Alexander.

--