users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Installing jersey into glassfish v2.1

From: Snjezana Sevo-Zenzerovic <snjezana.sevozenzerovic_at_oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 11:31:37 -0700 (PDT)

While there is no way to run updatecenter client integrated into GlassFish 2.x in command line or silent mode, I think you should be able to use command line tool such as wget to directly access jersey module URL and download the module archive file and then you'll need to take care of extracting the actual module content, which can be done using unzip.

The correct URL for Jersey 1.1.4 would be http://javaee-updates.java.sun.com/beta/modules/jersey/1_1_4/jersey-1_1_4.nbm

Once you download the nbm file and unzip it, you should get module/module_jersey.zip file. module_jersey.zip then needs to be unzipped into your GlassFish installation directory and that will give you Jersey content in jersey subdirectory.

Hope this helps - in case anyone else needs to do something similar and runs into this thread, all GlassFish v2 updatecenter content is referenced at:
 http://java.sun.com/javaee/downloads/update/modules.jsp
but in case of some other modules installation is more convoluted since it involves using GlassFish v2 addon mechanism.