users@glassfish.java.net

LookUp Fails

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 06:26:17 -0500 (CDT)

 I am trying to use JDBC resource that I have defined for a connection pool
(MySQL - connection).

1. The ping works fine for the JDBC Connection Pool.

2. The JDBC resource has been named jdbc/projectx.

3. I am accessing the resource using a standalone client on the same machine.

Everytime I exceute the standalone program I get an exception -

<code>

java.lang.NullPointerException

at
com.sun.enterprise.naming.impl.SerialContext.getRemoteProvider(SerialContext.java:297)

Exception in thread "main" javax.naming.NamingException: Lookup failed for
'jdbc/projectx' in SerialContext

</code>

Any help pointers?

- Samarthya

--
[Message sent by forum member 'samarthya']