users@glassfish.java.net

Browser shows HTML Code ,unable to render Error Page

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 02:38:00 -0500 (CDT)

 I am facing a strange problem with Apache + Glassfish v3 connected via
mod_jk.

I configured the customized error page to display error message to web
visitor.
Take a case: I have one "project.html" file in web root. If i change its
name  to "projectssss.html" in my URL (to generate  404 File not found
error) , I get the error page correctly.
But when I change the name to "project.htmlxyz" ( change in file extension,
which is unknown to server) , I get HTML code of error page instead of
rendered HTML page. I tried this with almost all browsers.
The situation in case of JSP pages are more complex. Weather I change the
file name part or extension part (.jsp) , it always shows  HTML code of
error page. The error page never get rendered.

--
[Message sent by forum member 'sspadmin']