users@glassfish.java.net

MySQL DataSource Connection Pool Rsrc in GF

From: Arthur Yeo <artyyeo_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 13:20:45 -0700

All,

I had a MySQL instance running happily for a couple of months in the dev env
and when I upgraded to the latest J-connector, all of a sudden, I had the
error saying"No Database selected" even though my prepareCall() string has a
specific "call mydb.spMySproc(????)".

So, I finally found out that I had to add the default DB name in the URL
parameter associated with the DataSource in the the
AdminConsoleConnectionPool\AdditionalProperties..
I.e. jdbc:mysql://:3306/mydb

BTW, I did specify DatabaseName under the
AdminConsole\ConnectionPool\AdditionalProperties.

Why do I need to specify the DB name twice?

--
Arthur Y.