users@glassfish.java.net

Glassfish and mod_jk

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2011 23:24:51 -0500 (CDT)

 Hi

I cannot get Glassfish to work with Apache through mod_jk. Steps I've taken:

  * Enabled jk on a listener (admin-listener, to be precise)
  * Configured everything on apache's side (installed mod_jk, created
    workers.properties etc.). Basically, I see it running
  * Mounted via JkMount /* worker1 root context of admin console to a worker
  * Created symlink from apache's workers configuration file to
    domain_dir/config/glassfish-jk.properties (don't why I did that actually,
    documentation is quite vague on this subject)

After restarting the domain and making connection attempt I see in
glassfish's logs that request came through but it ends up saying "Bad packet
signature" all the time. Is there anything I missed?

I am posting my vhost config if that could help:

<VirtualHost *:443> ServerAdmin xxx ServerName xxx SSLEngine On
SSLCipherSuite HIGH:MEDIUM SSLProtocol all -SSLv2 SSLCertificateFile
/etc/apache2/ssl.crt/portal-admin.crt SSLCertificateKeyFile
/etc/apache2/ssl.key/portal-admin.key JkMount /* portaladmin <Location / >
Order allow,deny Allow from all </Location> </VirtualHost>
... and workers.properties along with mod_jk global config

worker.list=portaladmin worker.portaladmin.type=ajp13
worker.portaladmin.host=localhost worker.portaladmin.port=4848
worker.portaladmin.cachesize=10 worker.portaladmin.cache_timeout=600
worker.portaladmin.socket_keepalive=1 worker.portaladmin.socket_timeout=300
    <IfModule jk_module> JkWorkersFile /etc/apache2/jk_worker.properties #
Where to put jk logs JkLogFile /var/log/apache2/mod_jk.log # Set the jk log
level [debug/error/info] JkLogLevel debug # Select the log format
JkLogStampFormat "[%a %b %d %H:%M:%S %Y] " # JkOptions indicate to send SSL
KEY SIZE, JkOptions +ForwardKeySize +ForwardURICompat +RejectUnsafeURI
-ForwardDirectories # JkRequestLogFormat set the request format
JkRequestLogFormat "%w %V %T" JkExtractSSL On JkHTTPSIndicator HTTPS
JkSESSIONIndicator SSL_SESSION_ID JkCIPHERIndicator SSL_CIPHER
JkCERTSIndicator SSL_CLIENT_CERT JkShmFile /var/lib/apache2/jk/shm
</IfModule>   As I said, logs indicate that request is able to come through
mod_jk but Glassfish is rejecting it all the time. Thanks in advance for any
insight.

--
[Message sent by forum member 'rzeznik']