users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Glasfish LDAP Server failover support ?

From: Richard Kolb <rjdkolb_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 15:27:32 +0200

Hi Ulli

On 16 March 2011 15:21, <forums_at_java.net> wrote:

> does Glassfish LDAPRealm
> (com.sun.enterprise.security.auth.realm.ldap.LDAPRealm) supports failover
> capabilities ? we have 2 LDAP-Servers and in case one of them is down, we
> want Glassfish to authenticate the users against another secondary
> LDAP-Server

I know this does not really answer the question,
But the default Java LDAP JAAS supports it and it works like a charm

http://download.oracle.com/javase/6/docs/jre/api/security/jaas/spec/com/sun/security/auth/module/LdapLoginModule.html

I am assuming Glassfish's realm supports it as well.
perhaps specify the IP's as comma separated. Just a guess

regards
Richard.