users@glassfish.java.net

Re: IIOP SSL_AUTH SSL_MUTUALAUTH not binding to IP Opensource v3.1

From: Edward Bratt <ed.bratt_at_oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 10:47:13 -0700
Please use users@glassfish.java.net for all discussion e-mail. Issues is reserved for Jira notifications. (Sorry if there is confusion.)
-- Ed

on 3/15/2011 9:01 AM parker BARRY said the following:
I have tried to assign the IIOP listener ports for  SSL_AUTH and SSL_MUTUALAUTH to an IP address but the ports always bind to all the ports on the server.

I am trying to get all of the listening ports to listen on a VIP so we have the availability to run more than one glassfish domain on a single server.
With version 3.01 this seemed to work fine changing the domain.xml binding to an ip rather than 0.0.0.0 changing localhost entries to the dns of our ip.

When I do this in v3.1 we can not remotely connect to the ejbs from our tomcat applications and we get a timeout error.

The only way I can get this to work is to get the IIOP listeners to bind to 0.0.0.0.

Perhaps I have not set this up correctly?

Any help would be greatly appreciated?

Thanks

devo

--
Cheers, Ed

Oracle
Ed Bratt | Senior Software Development Manager
Phone: +1 408 2764170 | Fax: +1 408 2767191 | Skype ID: edbratt
Oracle GlassFish Server
4220 Network Circle | MS USCA22-102 | Santa Clara, CA 95054

Green
            Oracle Oracle is committed to developing practices and products that help protect the environment

oracle_sig_logo.gif
(image/gif attachment: oracle_sig_logo.gif)

green-for-email-sig_0.gif
(image/gif attachment: green-for-email-sig_0.gif)