users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Custom mbeans

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 12:07:16 -0500 (CDT)

Custom MBeans relied on JMX/RMI connections to ensure that all MBeans were
visible to administrator in DAS (Domain Admin Server). This limited our
scalability to a certain extent and therefore we decided to use HTTP/HTTPs
for connections between DAS and server instances in GlassFish 3.1. Please
see the following URL for an architecture overview.

http://glassfish.java.net/public/clustering31.html

With the new architecture, custom mbeans would be limited to a single
VM unless we implemented a JMX connection over HTTP/HTTPs. We didn't have
enough time to implement that in 3.1 release. In addition, the deployment
model for custom MBeans was limited (IMHO).

I would recommend filing an Enhancement on glassfish issue tracker
describing how you use custom mbeans in 2.1. It will then be considered for
one of the future releases.

--
[Message sent by forum member 'kumara']