users@glassfish.java.net

Re: which jersey classes/jars are part of 3.1

From: vince kraemer <vince.kraemer_at_oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2011 16:29:00 -0800

OK.

I started to look through the default-web.xml and I must be too dense to
interpret the meaning/usage of the init-param system-jar-includes.

I started to google for a doc that covers it, but haven't been
successful yet.

I am particularly confused by two items in the value: /lib/ and \lib\.

It also seems like the list of jars is a bit short... I created a jsp
page that had

<%_at_page import="javax.ws.rs.GET;" %>

and got the following

SEVERE: Error compiling file:
/Users/vkraemer/GlassFish_Server_3.1/glassfish/domains/domain1/generated/jsp/WebApplication195/org/apache/jsp/index_jsp.java
WARNING: StandardWrapperValve[jsp]: PWC1406: Servlet.service() for
servlet jsp threw exception
org.apache.jasper.JasperException: PWC6033: Error in Javac compilation
for JSP
PWC6199: Generated servlet error:
string:///index_jsp.java:6: package javax.ws.rs does not exist

I would think that standard interfaces includes all the Java EE 6 apis,
when the user has installed the 'full' profile... not the web profile.
Either that or our interpretations of 'standard interfaces' is
significantly different.

Thanks,
vbk