users@glassfish.java.net

embedded ejb container - CDI

From: Phillip Ross <phillip.w.g.ross_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 11:23:30 -0500

Hi all,

I'm using the embedded ejb container in glassfish 3.1 and have discovered
that I'm unable to create a container if there is a beans.xml in the
classpath. Is this a known issue or should CDI work in the ejb embedded
container? There are no messages in the output that help be understand
whether this should work one way or the other. The following is the output
from my test case:

] Mar 11, 2011 11:15:25 AM
org.glassfish.ejb.embedded.EJBContainerProviderImpl createEJBContainer
] SEVERE: EJB6001:Caught exception instantiating EmbeddedContainer.
] javax.ejb.EJBException: Failed to deploy EJB modules - see log for details
] at
org.glassfish.ejb.embedded.EJBContainerImpl.deploy(EJBContainerImpl.java:145)
] at
org.glassfish.ejb.embedded.EJBContainerProviderImpl.createEJBContainer(EJBContainerProviderImpl.java:132)
] at
javax.ejb.embeddable.EJBContainer.createEJBContainer(EJBContainer.java:127)
] at
testcase1.TestEmbeddedContainer.startupContainer(TestEmbeddedContainer.java:34)
] at
testcase1.TestEmbeddedContainer.main(TestEmbeddedContainer.java:61)
] javax.ejb.EJBException: No EJBContainer provider available
] The following providers:
] org.glassfish.ejb.embedded.EJBContainerProviderImpl
] Returned null from createEJBContainer call.
]
] at
javax.ejb.embeddable.EJBContainer.reportError(EJBContainer.java:216)
] at
javax.ejb.embeddable.EJBContainer.createEJBContainer(EJBContainer.java:146)
] at
testcase1.TestEmbeddedContainer.startupContainer(TestEmbeddedContainer.java:34)
] at
testcase1.TestEmbeddedContainer.main(TestEmbeddedContainer.java:61)

Unfortunately there is no stacktrace shown to see under the hood of what's
failing during container instantiation, and even though it says to see the
log for details, there isnt actually a log file to check for the embedded
ejb container. If I remove the beans.xml from the classpath things work
fine. I actually stripped out all of the CDI code and still get the error
whenever beans.xml exists, which makes me think just having weld fire up is
what is causing the problem. Any ideas of how to troubleshoot this further?

Thanks!
- Phillip