users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Bulk creation of user accounts

From: Laird Nelson <ljnelson_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2011 17:31:42 -0500

On Wed, Mar 9, 2011 at 4:45 PM, <forums_at_java.net> wrote:

> I need to create over 500 accounts, and frequently delete and recreate the
> accounts. Is there a way to create these users via a script? I don't see
> how
> to pipe in the password as it always seems to prompt for one. Either the
> file
> realm or via a jdbc table.

For the file realm: create them once. Then back up the keyfile found in
(e.g.) domains/domain1/config. When you need to reconstitute the list (say,
you install a new Glassfish instance), just copy the backed-up keyfile on
top of the default one.

I'm making all sorts of assumptions here about what "frequently delete and
recreate the accounts" means, since it sounds like they'll always have the
same contents.

Best,
Laird