users@glassfish.java.net

Re: glassfishv301 updates

From: Chris Kasso <chris.kasso_at_oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2011 10:46:10 -0800

Gary,

While an in-place update of 3.0.1 to 3.1 is supported you are not
required to walk that path. A side-by-side install of 3.1 is also
supported.

Reading between the lines here I suspect the desktop notifier has
informed you that updates for your 3.0.1 installation are available. If
that is the case and you no longer wish to be notified of these updates
you can turn off the desktop notifier (or change the update check
interval to monthly or yearly if you like).

I'm not sure which platform you are on but probably the most reliable
way to modify the notifier behavior is to click on the notification
balloon and then click on the "Manage Details" button in the lower
left corner of the Software Update tool. From there you can select
Edit->Preferences and click on the Updates tab to disable or change
the update check frequency.

Chris