users@glassfish.java.net

_at_Schedule job doesn't restart

From: Glenn Holmer <gholmer_at_weycogroup.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2011 09:35:08 -0600

Occasionally when we restart our app, there is a scheduled job that does
not run. It's not reproducible and we're not seeing any indication in
the logs of what might cause this. The job is set up like this:

@Singleton
public class OrderJobs {
  @Schedule(minute="0,15,30,45",hour="7-15")
  public void sendOrders() {
  @Schedule(minute="*",hour="2-15")
  public void updateOrdersFromAcs() {

The second job is the one that sometimes does not start up.

Where should we start looking to try and diagnose this? We are on
GlassFish 3.0.1, running Java 1.6.0_23.

Glenn Holmer                          gholmer_at_weycogroup.com
Software Engineer                        phone: 414-908-1809
Weyco Group, Inc.                          fax: 414-908-1601