users@glassfish.java.net

autodeployment issues of JSF application

From: <noreply_at_java.net>
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 2010 13:30:40 -0700

I have this strange issue when deploying a JSF application.

Sometimes when i change a file and deploy my war file, my application does
not work. Every single page returns as a 404. I do not get an error in the
log file. I deploy by using the autodeploy folder.
It does not happen all the time, only sometimes. It apears that it mostly
happens when i change java files, not jsf files.

When it happns i need to randomly change other files and redeploy a few times
or restart the server... I still haven't figerud it out what to do to solve
it but it takes me often 20 min or more to solve it...
Does anybody know what to do to solve this or to get the details of the
problems.

I just tested... I think it is a problem with the autodeploy because when i
deploy the war file by using the web interface, i don't get the 404...
While autodeploying i do get the message that the app gets succesfully
deployed.

What could be the issue here?

--
[Message sent by forum member 'passero']