users@glassfish.java.net

Re: RE: JCA spec compliance

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 14:53:55 -0800

Thanks, you guys, but now I'm even more confused than ever.

I've written a resource adapter before, so I am familiar with the parts.

Or at least I thought I was.

I need to be able to create threads.  Actually, really, what I want to do
is provide an implementation of java.util.concurrent.ExecutorService that an
EJB can inject like this:

@Resource private ExecutorService executorService;
I am looking for the dumbest, quickest but still
ridgidly-specification-compliant way to do this.

Everything I've read seems to imply that if I don't supply an implementation
of ManagedConnection, and, by extension, ManagedConnectionFactory, then I
cannot create a user connection factory (note the lowercase), and since a
user connection factory is the only thing that can be injected via @Resource,
I would not be able to supply my consumers with an ExecutorService.

(Apologies in advance for the silent and delayed double posting which this
Godawful miserable drooling submoronic excuse for a forum editor will shortly
foist upon the world.)

Best,

Laird

--
[Message sent by forum member 'ljnelson']